I don’t know what it is about Fall and my obsession with everything pumpkin, you know, pumpkin pie, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin muffins…But I know I’m not the only one! These pumpkin protein muffins are super easy to make and amazing for the Fall time or all year round and they are guilt free! I’m always in a rush, especially in the morning and these muffins were perfect for my on the go schedule this week. I grabbed a muffin and mixed up a green, pre-packed smoothie, (recipe coming soon) and was on my way to work with a nutritious quick meal feeling energized for my busy day ahead!
This is what you need:
1 cup Canned pumpkin
1/2 cup Applesauce
1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt (plain would probably be best if you are going for super healthy but I used vanilla because that is what I had in the fridge)
3 Egg Whites
1 3/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 cup Vanilla protein powder
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking soda
2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
This is how you do it:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender or food processor until the mixture is smooth and looks like the photo below.
3. Line a muffin pan with liners and fill them up almost to the top with the mixture.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
5. Cool muffins on a cooling rack and dig in!
Thank you http://dashingdish.com/ for the original recipe!
Leave me a comment and let me know if you liked them!
XOXO – Abbey
Follow me on Twitter!