Oatmeal is a great way to start your day because it is packed with fiber which aids digestion and complex carbs which gives you a lot of natural energy. Plus it’s delicious and takes only minutes to make. I’ve been hooked on oatmeal for about the past two weeks and I’ve been making some pretty delicious combinations that may look complicated but are really very simple to make even if you are in a hurry!
Check out these 8 easy recipes that are all made with old fashioned oats. I prefer some skim milk with my oatmeal but it’s definitely optional if you like it without. Also a lot of these recipes will call for a “trail mix” that I’ve been loving lately. I got it at Target and it’s an organic mix of sunflower seeds, cashews, unsweetened coconut, raisins, dark chocolate and almonds.
1. Oats, Strawberries, Banana, Peanut Butter and Skim Milk
2. Oats, Blueberries, Strawberries, Trail Mix, Skim Milk and Peaches.
3. Oats, Blueberries, Banana, Trail Mix and Skim Milk.
4. Oats, Blueberries, Banana, Pecans, Raisins and Skim Milk.
5. Oats, Strawberries, Blueberries and Banana.
6. Oats, Blueberries, Peaches and Banana.
7. Oats, Mango, Cherries and Skim Milk.
8. Oats, Strawberries, Blueberries, Trail Mix and Skim Milk.
XOXO – Abbey